Would you like to configure your Linksys WiFi extender setup? If your answer is yes, then you need to follow these steps. A lot of consumers had trouble setting up the WiFi extension. But we have many suggestions for configuring Linksys extenders. To get 100% of the benefits, simply read the article below. Let’s dive into the setup process.
WPS Button Simple Setup
To perform Linksys Extender Setup, you must first make sure that both the repeater and the router have an active WPS button.
Then access the Network menu on your internet to check if the WPS option is present on the capable device.
- Check the device’s user manual to get brief information.
- Now, press the WPS button on both devices simultaneously if they both have one.
- Wait until the router searches the extender, which takes about 2 minutes.
- The WPS light will begin to flash either blue or green. if at that time it connects successfully.
- Below is also a guide for LED indication. Verify the method by which your connection was created. Since LED indicators come with a detailed manual.
Verify LEDs While Setting Your Extender
Confirm the light indications on the extender during the procedure. Here, if the LED light begins to blink, the repeater is about to turn on.
- WPS LED: If the WPS button’s light is off, the WPS function is not active. However, if the LED light turns completely blue or follows your router’s settings.
- But, if the light is red, it means the router is unconnected and is a way through. Don’t forget to position them close together.
- Blue Signal Light: Blue signals that the extender is in the right place and that connects to the WiFi router well.
Additionally, it is a sign that the wireless router disconnects if the lights are not in the right color or the right position.
Sign In To The Linksys Extender Page
Utilizing the web interface, navigate to the Settings page to configure the settings. Increase the extender’s WiFi range in time.
- To access the account, you must first link your computer or smartphone to the extension network.
- The extension must then connect to the power source and turn on.
- Make sure your devices’ WiFi turns on and your network is set up to be open.
- Keep in mind to enter the extender’s right SSID.
- Use the Linksys EXT SSID by default if you want to connect your equipment to the extender network.
- To visit the Linksys Extender Login page, you must switch the http//extender.Linksys.com. wizard’s login window to the web interface.
- Here, http//extender.linksys.com is the extender’s default web address.
- In the extender’s login window, enter your username and password for the extender administration.
- Simply click the login link below.
Wireless AP Mode Configuration Consideration Points
- The extender needs to be close to the router during access point setup.
- The range will depend on the devices that can receive wireless signals and the distance.
- An Ethernet cable needs to be connected to spread the range signal across all of the dead spots.
- If necessary, an Ethernet cable can be used to connect the router to an Extender configuration that will serve as an access point far from the house.
Follow The Troubleshooting Tips
After the setup process, if you are facing an internet error, you can follow the troubleshooting tips.
- Update Current Internet Connection
Before you spend the time and effort troubleshooting Linksys connectivity problems. Verify with your internet service provider that your internet data package is active or not. Examine your ISP’s policies to evaluate if everything is reasonable in terms of internet connectivity. If you find that your ISP is to blame for the issue, give it a few minutes and everything should be back to normal.
- Your Extender’s Position
You may experience internet connectivity issues if you position your Linksys extender outside the router’s coverage area. Your extender’s position is significantly closer to the router’s position to address this problem, enabling communication between the two devices. Make sure your router is far from any metal objects when you move it because they cause WiFi interference. appliances such as microwaves, refrigerators, etc.
- Look Over The Extender’s WiFi Settings
If there is no internet problem yet you are still having trouble connecting your extender to the router. Verify your WiFi settings by visiting the Linksys extender login page. Many consumers accidentally connect their WiFi extender to the wrong WiFi router, which causes connectivity problems. Please also include instructions on any additional setups necessary to link your Linksys extender to the router.
4. Not Connecting A Specific Device
If you are having problems using a unique device to connect to the internet. In this case, all of you must do this if you are having trouble configuring your Linksys extender. Open your device’s WiFi settings. If your device’s WiFi settings are perfect but the issue persists. Try wiping your device’s anti-virus, firewall, VPN, and blocking software. When connecting your Linksys extender to the device, this could cause issues.
5. Restart Your WiFi Network
If you have a minor issue with your gadget’s hardware or software. Although it links to the router, your Linksys WiFi extender is not accessible online. We think about restarting your WiFi in this case. This includes turning off your computer, router, modem, and extender to see if that resolves the problem. When you feel you have provided enough time, you should switch off all the devices before turning them back on. If this approach does not help you, move on to the next step to fix the problem.
6. Reset Your Linksys Device
You can do a factory reset on your gadget or a computer using a web browser to reset your Linksys WiFi extender. Press the reset button and hold for 20 seconds. The system will reboot or go through a factory reset. To perform a factory reset on an extender, type the IP address 192.168.1.1 into your web browser.
Note: You need to set up your WiFi repeater after resetting your extender.
We expect that after reading this article’s theory, you will understand how to resolve your issue. If you’re still having trouble with a slow internet connection, talk to one of our technical specialists via live chat. Keep an eye out for such changes.