It is not a very tough job to prepare a resume just you have to remember few key points of it. Before you start making a resume first review few examples to make yourself clear and get ideas for how to write and format your own resume. There are several examples resumes mentioned below from where you can take tips. But remember create your own resume based on your experience, achievements and skills you have.
You should also show your resume to some other people just to ensure that you haven’t missed nay point in it. It is very important to you to make a resume very eye catching; you should present in such a way that everyone will like it. If you are applying for some editorial post or any type of writing post make your resume error free and in such a way that the resume itself will show your writing and editing skills.
One of the samples is given below:
455 HSR Layout, Bangalore 560012, India
B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering from IIT, Chennai (2001-2005)
Thesis Title: Best Algorithm for Terrain Simplification.
Advisor: Jonaki Rajagopalan
Summary: This improves the state of the art for detecting the plane in a given terrain data. This implementation of mine showed how a user controlled drive through a complex scene by using 3 million polygons using a 16 node Beowulf cluster. In 2004a part was published regarding this in a Graphics Interface.
St. Xavier’s School, Mumbai (Graduated 2001)
Stood First in 12th I.S.C. Board Examination.
PROJECT WORK (B. Tech)
- Built a quad core helicopter with a camera to capture pictures in all direction.
- Based on NFS system a user-level distributed file was created by me, with write-through caching, fault tolerance and consistency guarantees.
- Research Assistant, TIFR, and Mumbai (Aug – Dec 2004)
- Project Trainee, Kreativ Networks, Bangalore: (Jan 2005-present)
- Platforms: Linux, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 98, NT 4.0, 2000.
Occlusion Culling using hyper plane Projection and Frequency Domain Splicing
- Best B.Tech PPT – 2005. Dept of Electronics. IIT Chennai Gold Medalist at the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO), 2004. Seoul, Korea.
- Ranked 10th in IIT JEE – 2001.
- R. K. Sharma, Dept. of Computer Science, IIT Chennai
- Gopinath, Dept. of Computer Science, IIT Chennai
- Zeeshan, TIFR, Mumbai
- Shilpa, Dept. of Computer Science, IIT Chennai
This is just a sample of how to write a resume and what all you should include to make your resume look different from others. You can follow this format to create your own resume based on your own skills, training experience, education details and other details. But remember one point, before mentioning any detail regarding any point you should be clear about what you are writing and the information you are providing are true and valid.